Gandaki Bee Concern
Gandaki Bee Concern is the pioneer and protagonist private sector organization involved in commercial beekeeping in Nepal. The company is established in 1990 with an objective to develop and promote overall beekeeping in Nepal. Gandaki Bee Concern has played a catalytic and pivotal role in the promotion and development of beekeeping in Nepal. It has also established alliances for the export of honey to the international market. The proprietor and Executive Director of Gandaki Bee Concern, Mr. Dev Bahadur Gurung was decorated with Prabhal Gorkha Dakshin Bahu IV in A.D. 2000 by late His Majesty King Birendra Bir Bikram Shah for his outstanding contribution in commercial beekeeping development in Nepal.
Gandaki Bee Concern started its beekeeping programme with few Apis cerana colonies but gradually shifted to Apis mellifera. At present, it has more than 3000 Apis Mellifera and 500 Apis Cerana colonies. The organization has catalytic and pivotal role in promotion and development of beekeeping in Nepal. Its annual honey sales turnover is around 300 tons. In addition to beekeeping management training, it also provides Training of Trainers (TOT) along with counseling to beekeepers. Gandaki Bee Concern also deals in bee colonies and other accessories and equipments. It also purchase quality bee products (honey/wax) from beekeepers at lucrative price.
To promote beekeeping in every nook and corner of the country. Gandaki Bee Concern has been jointly launching beekeeping programmes with Govt. and various INGOs, NGOs and community Based Organization (CBOs) in rural areas of Nepal, especially with GIZ Nepal and MEDEP/UNDP. It has participated in national and international honey fair and exhibitions. Furthermore, Gandaki Bee Concern is also getting technical support from the international beekeeping experts.
Major objectives of Gandaki Bee Concern:
- To promote modern beekeeping and organic honey production in Nepal.
- To disseminate and provide modern beekeeping and technology services and inputs to the beekeepers of Nepal.
- To explore international market for organic honey in general and Rock Honey in particular.
- To conduct the R & D of beekeeping and honey production by joining hands with the related national and international agencies.
- To establish information networks on beekeeping and honey marketing in the country.
Honey International B.V.
Honey International established in The Netherland in 2003, is the procurement and chain development organization for De Traay B.V. The company concentrates on developing and establishing import and export of honey and other api-products which are certified for the European market. Honey International B.V. and its partners have established a worldwide honey procurement network. Its partners and strategic alliances are importers and exporters of quality honey and other api- products to the world market; the relationship is based on mutual support, long term contractual supply and strict chain control.
Honey International has following business partners:
- Sangdi Honeybee Ltd., Joint Venture in P.R. China
- Apidava . Apis Prod Srl., Joint Venture in Rumania
- Apinec Ltd . Joint Venture in Ethiopia
- Zlatomed International – Joint Venture in Ukraine
- Gandaki International Pvt.Ltd .Joint Venture in Nepal